Sunday, May 24, 2015

More Rubber Stamp assisted Watercolor

All stamps and papers by Penny Black. Pure Iris (40-332) and Heartfelt (30-286) stamps, Beau Jardin grey striped paper from a great value for your money paper pad. You get 48 sheets in this puppy. This is colored with Distress markers, even a little soot black, and then spritz 2x with water. Stamped on Ranger Distress watercolor paper. Held for a slow count of 5. Then a water brush drug around wherever the stamps grid/crosshatch design still showed.
Pure Iris distress inks 1st gen

On a whim, I re-spritzed the stamp with water without adding any more color and was able to get another softer stamp out of it. Multigenerational stamping certainly isn't new, but I was unsure that I had enough ink on the stamp to accomplish it. Totally recommend it.
Pure Iris & Distress Inks 2nd Gen

This next set was with Pop Pop Poppy (40-330), Heartfelt (30-286), and Wall Paper Print background (40-134) stamps. It was my first card of the day- I used abandoned coral and picked raspberry as the Distress colors...way to much pink for me.  I should have gone with a tone-on-tone texture, like an embossing folder.
Pop Pop Poppy and distress ink 2nd gen
I am linking to Penny Black website for the stamps so you can see them- but I bought mine at my local scrapbook store, Photo Scraps.

Aww -- super cool. Penny Black kindly tweeted one of my cards!


No comments: